Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Great Expectations: Skit Prep

Overall, I think that there could be many great places in the book to do skits off of. But these are the three that I think would be the best:

1.) When Miss Havisham's hair catches on fire and Pip saves her. This would be fun to do in class because it would involve one person screaming, another person saving her, and other people coming in to take care of the person that was caught on fire. It is very dramatic.
2.) When Pip and the search party go to find Pip's convict. This would also be fun to do in class because it takes a lot of people, and it is an action scene (Compeyson and Magwitch fighting). I think it would be fun to see the fake blows shared between the people who are portraying Magwitch and Compeyson.
3.) Thed dinner at Mr. Jagger's house with all of Pip's friends (Drummle, Herbert, Startop, etc.). This takes many character roles, and it would fun to do because of the commentary shared between the characters at dinner time.

Thanks for reading. Please comment about my ideas.

5 comments:

  1. Great decisions, I think that the part when Havisham's hair catches on fire would be fun to watch. Not that I would want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of your ideas for the skits! I can picture each one being acted out in class and they all sound like they would be really funny, especially the the second one with the convicts. Good job thinking those up, they're great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the one in Mr. Jagger's house when he had dinner with Pip! That is also one i have on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of them are good but like 2 the best, the fighting just puts it above all other options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think watching someone run around the classroom on "fire" would be the most interesting and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete