Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Summer Reading List

This summer, when I am on the couch doing nothing, I will read two books. My first book is called The Pacific, and is written by Hugh Ambrose. My second book is called We Die Alone, and is written by David Howarth. I have been meaning to read these World War II non-fiction novels for some time, but all they have done is collected dust off of my shelf. Both of these books were given to me as gifts, and I am very excited to read them. This first book, is about a couple men who fought in the pacific theater. The next book is about a man who is stranded from his squad and is being chased by Nazis through the freezing cold. It is about his survival story. Both books are supposed to be great reads and I am very excited. Let summer come!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not super into war related books but the second book sounds rather interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this "The Pacific" book you speak of the same as the T.V mini series they have on HBO called "The Pacific" because if so that is an awesome series and is probably an even better book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those books seem...interesting, I suppose you could say. Not really my type of read. I'm much more into the mystery books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the TV show "The Pacific" as well and it's pretty awesome. I might have to look into the book.

    ReplyDelete